Tuesday, May 26
Friday, May 8
Seriously, you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not give them a listen. I haven't worn out a record like I have The '59 Sound in forever. We saw them play on Tuesday with The Heartless Bastards (another great band), and it was one of the most solid live performances ever. If you don't believe me, perhaps Letterman can convince you.
Like a punk rock Bruce Springsteen...so basically, totally awesome.
"Well, I wonder which song they're gonna play when we go. I hope it's something quiet and minor and peaceful and slow. When we float out into the ether, into the everlasting arms, I hope we don't hear Marley's chains we forged in life 'cause the chains I been hearing now for most of my life."
Friday, May 1
Not enough has gone on lately to warrant a large post from yours truly...so instead, a bulleted edition of what's been going on.
- Seven-Day Detox: so far, so good. Operation: Beach Bod '09, not so good.
- Mayfield's White Chocolate Raspberry ice cream rules.
- Gaslight Anthem in one week, Alkaline Trio in two weeks.
- Sold Death Cab tickets after realizing they are the kind of band I would want to die of boredom if I saw live.
- Going to Tybee w/Danielle and Laura in the beginning of June, can't wait.
- BT's smoothies are awesome.
- My monthly payments on my graduate loans will be approx. $470/month. WOOHOO. At least I'm living my dream, and it will be worth it one day...right?
- T-minus three months till I leave. Bittersweet.
- Swine flu: wtf?
- Brother still hasn't left for the Air Force, I am secretly happy.
- I think I could live in Chattanooga.
- My culinary prowess continues to grow.
- Need to tell my grandma about tattoos before seeing her on Mother's Day. Eek.
- Adam Lambert, ftw.